I’m beginning to think that the person who was supposed to relieve me at noon forgot that she was supposed to relieve me at noon.
There’s some ships you ship… that have massive amounts of shippers right along with you. Then there’s the ships… those ships you have that are near and dear to your heart where you’re in a fucking canoe with like… four other people.
- Smuts were known as lemons
- Yaoi Warnings ( Don’t Like, Don’t Read! )
- Character x Character instead of Character/Character
- Every Time We Touch videos, and the forgotten Listen To Your Heart videos
- Numa Numa
- Naruto Phase
- Bring Me To Life amv’s
- citrus and lime warnings
- when fanfiction.net still allowed porn
- when fanfiction.net still allowed original writing before the great fictionpress split
- when livejournal was invite-only
- cardcaptors a mystic adventure
- aim roleplay
- when everyone had their own little fansites on geocities, angelfire, and tripod
- character-bashing fic and anti-shrines
- fanfic MSTing
- save our sailors
- the word “bishies”
- AOL message boards
- tinny background MIDIs on every page
- "this page coded with notepad" and netscape buttons
- "this page best viewed at 800x600"
- "under construction" pages
- yahoo mailing lists
- fansubs only available on the subber’s IRC channel
- fansubs only available if you send $30 for a VHS tape
- no official release whatsoever for Japanese media
- fanworks, especially fic, of Western media, especially print media, considered illegal and met with C&Ds
- the gap between Goblet of Fire and Order of the Phoenix
- The Sentinel/Highlander/X-Files crossovers
- "this is part of the [fandom/ship/etc] webring"
- printing fics out because it feels more permanent
Having to wait until late at night to get your fandom on because that’s the only time your parents wouldn’t give you grief for tying up the phone line.
Flamingtext.com banners for all the fansites. All of them.
Congratu-fucking-lations to Clever TV (whatever the fuck that is), Jeff Davis and the Teen Wolf Cast who were involved in that frankly ridiculous and mean display of reading aloud snippets of fanfiction.
Just think about what you did there. You took three fanfictions, small snippets from them and took them out of the context of a whole story. And then you went on to ridicule them. So now there are three people out there who are feeling shit about themselves and about their writing.
What if those were the first stories for these writers? What if these were young people who just had their confidence dashed? What if it took all of their courage to post these stories, hoping that someone, anyone, would like them, only to have their work read aloud, out of context, by people who were obviously just waiting for them to be bad?
I hope you are all really proud of yourselves. You may have just made someone vow never to try to write again, which means that they won’t ever improve on their writing because EVERYONE improves their writing over time, but you’ve taken that away from them. Some great piece of literature may never be written now, we’ll never know.
We are your fans. We are what gives the show ratings. We are who make the hype for your show, even though it is declining in quality. And you mock us? You take something that has been happening for as long as there have been works for people to write about and shit all over it. Fanfiction should be heralded, not made fun of.
THIS FUCKING SHOW IS BASICALLY FANFICTION OF A MOTHER FUCKING 80’S MOVIE STARRING MICHAEL J. FOX. ARE YOU KIDDING ME WITH THIS RIGHT NOW????
I swear to God, I am so sick of being made fun of by these people for enjoying their content. I get to enjoy it in whatever way I choose and you shouldn’t be able to make fun of me for it. You shouldn’t be calling me sick and twisted for liking a non canon pairing or telling me I’m watching it for the wrong reasons. You shouldn’t be downplaying the popularity of one of my ships in the “real world”, only to turn around and play all over that apparently only Tumblr popular ship to get ratings. You shouldn’t be making fun of me for writing fanfiction and taking the show in directions you never would and/or could. You shouldn’t be pitting ships against each other.
We are fans. We are the power behind your show. Do you know how many shows get axed because they’re not popular enough? You are popular because of us. And what do you do? You put us down all the time for being fans of your show and being creative about it, being passionate about it. Well guess what, you keep going the way you’re going and no one’s going to make you one of the highest producers of fanworks anymore, that’s a pretty huge thing in this day and age. People are going to stop tuning in and there go your ratings. People are going to be so disenchanted by you making fun of us for one thing or another and they’re not going to tune in to any future works of yours in case it happens again.
Just stop. Stop shitting all over your fans. We love this show, we love these people, and you’re making it so hard for us to continue to love you.
I don’t blog about it much, but considering I’ve had dreams two nights in a row about waterbending & Makorra, I would say my Legend of Korra addiction is back.
it bothers me that Kansas and Arkansas are not pronounced the same
I’m from the UK and I have been pronouncing Arkansas as Ar-Kansas my whole life
For all my non-american friends, Arkansas is pronounced ark-an-saw
in 1881 the state legislature made it official to call is ark-an-saw after two state officials had a dispute over how to pronounce it.